Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Back Up Lunch

Good Morning... well afternoon almost! This morning I got up late it was already 5 am before I got up out of bed and I had to be ready by 6. Unfortunately this meant making/ eating breakfast, cooking/ packing my lunch, and taking a shower all in an hour. So the first thing that I decided to do was to take a shower and prepare my lunch for today. I originally wanted to have a chicken Parmesan (baked and un-breaded is my favorite way to eat it), however when I went to open the jar of tomato sauce I found my self unable to muscle it open so that plan was scratched. Instead I diced up the chicken and made both a fried rice and pasta salad drizzled with olive oil and seasoning instead of a vinaigrette. Once those were made I realized that I don't have enough protein on my plate so I quickly made a pork burger to go with it. By the way Pork is my favorite meat and I will usually consume it for lunch when I am not devouring seafood, and I will eat chicken or beef for dinner. Once I had my proteins and carbs done I was seriously low on time so I quickly heated up some Lotus root and tossed a few carrots and tomatoes in there as well. For desert I grabbed the diced pears in the fridge, drained it, and sprinkled some cinnamon for an extra layer of flavor. Usually I cut up fresh fruit because I think they taste better but with my time dwindling down I took the short cut, but hey that is why they are there in the first place. Now I am left with some extra space in my upper tier which I quickly filled with my strawberry yogurt. All in all this is a pretty decent lunch that will keep me filled all day especially with the addition of Quinoa macaroni noodles.

My lunch for today looks a little blurry, my apologies... I really need to start using my proper camera.

On top Box:
Chicken fried rice
Carrots and tomatoes
Simple Pork Burger- ground pork, S&P, and Adobo seasoning
Lotus Root Marinaded in garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice
Chicken Quinoa Macaroni Salad dressed with EVOO

Bottom Box:
Strawberry Yogurt
Diced Pears with Cinnamon


I hope you enjoy my Lunch for today, hopefully Friday I will plan my lunch better so it isn't so bland in color but trust me the flavor is there. I also can't wait to work on my Easter project that I guarantee will have more color, like a blue chocolate rose! Can't wait... Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment