1. I love Food especially food that I can take to go.
2. My family always want's to see what it is that I am eating and I don't really wan't to crowed their e-mails with the constant images of food. Here they can look at the pictures then can express their opinions about them later when we talk on the phone.
3. I have to go Gluten Free for a while but hopefully not for the rest of my life :( For me this is not a fad but feels like a punishment, when people take the food I love away I turn into the Grinch and find ways to sneak it when nobody is looking. Unfortunately if I cheat on this one then it could have major repercussions.
4. I love to play with my food and put my own twist on things, I am in culinary school so experimenting with new flavors is a must.
5. Well, I always wanted to have a food related blog but I am a tad bit lazy so I doubt I will keep it going but you never know, besides the only people who will probably read this is me and maybe a sibling or two.
So now that that is out of the way lets move on to what I packed for my lunch today :)
Inside the left box I have:
3 Crab and Rice stuffed Inarizushi
1 Spinach Omelet cut into 3 pieces.
1 Parsley, garlic, onion, and lemon stuffed chicken thigh that I de-boned myself (Thank you Meat cutting) and cut into 4 pieces.
Inside the right box I have:
Corn, tomato, and Orange Bell pepper salsa.
2 Ebi Rolls, with this I quickly marinated the shrimp in the same liquid that the inarizushi was in. This is not traditional but since I don't have a little piggy or fish to put my gluten free soy sauce in I decided it was better to give it as much flavor as I possibly could before I assembled it.
Last but not least the apples, I think my teachers would cringe at the bad knife cuts on these apples but since it was just for me I didn't really want to make perfect macedoine, instead I went for a rustic look.
I hope you enjoyed this post, and have a great day.