Monday's lunch was made from the leftover taco ingredients from Sundays taco dinner. I am not a huge fan of eating a taco the proper way where you stuff the shell instead I always turned my tacos into a nacho bar and used a spoon to scoop my ingredients onto the shell, I know its weird and I don't know anybody else who does that but I've been doing it since HS. I basically organized my tray the same way I do my plate but the tray separated the ingredients nicely but my proportion sizes did need a little adjusting. In my case I found that I had way more meat then I needed and not enough vegetables to finish off my little chips. If I were to do this again I probably would either top the meat with the cheese or melt the cheese on to the chips, this way I would have a whole block for both my lettuce and tomatoes, and the limes would be placed where ever there was room (probably with the tomatoes).
Here is what I included in my taco bar:
- Mexican Shredded Cheese... maybe 2 or 3 tablespoons?
- 1/2 a lime sliced, I added the sliced lime because I used the other half to make guacamole.
- 2 Crispy corn tortillas broken into chips... I know I am weird.
- 4 small grape tomatoes small diced. I ended up using dicing 2 more to finish off the meat and chips.
- Shredded lettuce... I think its about 3 tablespoons as well, I had it packed pretty tight, but I ran out quick and didn't cut extra.
- Trio of Sauces: 2 tablespoons each of Homemade Guacamole, Salsa, and Sour Cream
- 1/2-2/3 Taco Meat
To make the Guacamole You need:
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 small garlic clove minced
1/2 minced Jalapeno (optional)
2 Tablespoons Cilantro minced.
- In a medium bowl mash the Avocados with a fork, once all the chunks are gone.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and half the Cilantro. Mix until well combined.
- Check the seasonings, adjust if needed. (If more garlic is desired either chop another clove or use a pinch of garlic powder)
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with the remaining cilantro.
Well that is my post for today! I've got some new items today that I can't wait to share with you tomorrow but until then have a great day!